Nearpod is an interactive presentation tool. You can have normal presentation slides, add questions, ask students to draw things, and actually receive what they do! It is a really great resource and you can learn more about it from this video:
- makes presentations interactive
- increases engagement
- shared easily
- provides an alternative to PowerPoint
- works on mobile devices or computers
- question formatting is limited
- slides are difficult to design in the program
- upload slides cannot be edited
- students need a device to interact (if they didn’t have one it essentially is just another slide show presenter)
- Design your slideshow on powerpoint or google slides make sure they are exactly how you want them…THEN upload them.
- If you can pay to upgrade, you will receive more features like embedding video, incorporating web content, and more questioning options.
Here is the Nearpod I created for a lesson on Biotic and Abiotic Factors.